Job Title: Deputy Director General
Directorate: Financial Sector Strengthening Projects (FSSP)
Type of Employment: Permanent
Job Title & Grade: Deputy Director General, Grade 11
Reports to: (FSSP) Director General
Location of Employment: Kabul - DAB
Announcement Date: December /13/ 2020
Closing Date : December /20/ 2020
SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supports the PD in managing the overall implementation of all relevant project activities, including supervision of the project staff and consultants to ensure the project achieves its intended objectives;
• Assists in coordinating and ensuring full compliance with project’s fiduciary requirements, including procurement, financial management and environmental and social risk management, as needed;
• Supports development and implementation of the Annual Work Plan and Procurement Plan and resulting periodic short-term implementation plans for envisaged project activities and reporting on project progress;
• Ensures that project implementation is in compliance with PAISA Project documents, including Financing Agreement, Grant Agreement, Project Agreement, Subsidiary Agreement, Project Appraisal Document, Project Operations Manual, Financial Manual, and any other relevant document;
• Supports development , reviews and/or updates to the Project Operations Manual, as required, in compliance with project specific and broader World Bank/IDA guidelines and policies;
• Serves as the acting operational head of project implementation team in PD’s absence;
• Coordinates project implementation among the various DAB departments, and the relevant project committees (e.g. the Project Steering Committee (PSC), CRIT);
• Liaises with relevant departments within DAB, other Government institutions, donors, and development partners, commercial banks and other financial institutions, as needed, to facilitate project implementation;
• Maintains close working relationship with the World Bank task teams, including related to obtaining required approvals;
• Assists the PD in managing project budgets, including close coordination with the Treasury Department, Ministry of Finance, with regard to budget related issues;
• Ensures processing of all payments on a timely manner through MoF as per the signed contracts and agreements and in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, manuals and guidelines;
• Supports preparation of quarterly progress reports, and other interim reports as needed, in line with the project reporting template including but not limited to: (a) basic details of the project including implementation progress by component and related to project’s results framework, documenting compliance with fiduciary requirements, identifying implementation issues and related remedies; and (b) financial, operational and technical reports to the World Bank, as relevant;
• Assists in preparation of monthly progress reports to the DAB Management;
• Provides all necessary information to the World Bank, DAB, and Supreme Audit teams conducting regular project audits;
• Supports the preparation of any new project funded by the World Bank and its implementation once approved, as per above responsibilities.
• A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, public administration or a related and relevant field;
• Ten years of experience, including at least 3 years of successful project management with international agencies, of which at least 2 years on World Bank-funded projects;
• Good understanding of financial sector issues (e.g. payments, banking, financial stability);
• Demonstrated experience with implementation of World Bank’s operational and fiduciary requirements, including knowledge of procurement and financial management guidelines;
• Demonstrated project management and computer skills, including the ability to plan, organize, execute tasks and supervise staff;
• Proven technical writing (e.g. proposals, terms of reference), reporting and verbal communication skills in English including the ability to develop clear and concise presentations.
Honest, Sociable, Innovative, Disciplined, Flexible for Group working, Responsible, Professional.
All interested and qualified candidates can submit their application along with their comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) & certified copies of degree /diploma and related certificates and Email it to: email@example.com
Note: Only short listed candidates will be called for exam.